If you are remortgaging your property, you will need a solicitor to represent your interest as well as those of the lender. The first and most important thing to consider is whether your chosen solicitor is on the lender’s mortgage panel. We are pleased to have been awarded accreditation and membership of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) which recognises high standards and sets the quality mark for residential conveyancing work. By instructing Andrew & Andrew Solicitors Ltd, with over 60 years of service in the remortgaging / conveyancing area, you can be assured that you will receive a reliable and professional service that meets the CQS standard and as a direct consequence, we are on most lender mortgage panels.
At Andrew & Andrew, we have a team of efficient and experienced staff who will ensure that your remortgage progresses smoothly. Therefore, once we have received your formal instructions and there is a formal mortgage offer, we will carry out official searches, where required by your lender. We advise you initially about any specific lender requirements based upon our wide range of experience, in advance, thereby being able to overcome any delay and speed up the remortgage process.
We are very conscious that the speed of the process matters to you whether that is because you wish to take advantage of a lower or discounted interest rate or you wish to utilise some of the remortgage monies for other purposes. We have assisted thousands of home owners throughout the years, so rest assured you are in safe hands.
THE CONVEYANCING PROCESS FOR A REMORTGAGE
Remortgaging your home can be a confusing time which is why we have devised this step by step guide to explain the status of your transaction.
Initial Step undertaken
- Once you have instructed Andrew & Andrew Solicitors, we will request your title deeds from your existing lender and also request a redemption statement to find out how much is still owed on your existing mortgage and any other loans you are paying off.
- We will await your mortgage offer and check the title documents.
After Offer Received
- We will check special conditions from the lender. In some cases it may be necessary to carry out searches against the property.
- We will forward the mortgage deed to you for signature and also send you the redemption statement for your existing mortgage (and any applicable loans). We will then agree a completion date with you.
- Once the documentation is returned to Andrew & Andrew Solicitors, together with any balance payments (if applicable), we will arrange the completion.
- On completion day – we will pay off your existing mortgage (and any applicable loan), settle the legal fees and disbursements and will forward any remaining monies promptly to you.
- We will arrange to register the new mortgage at the Land Registry. Once the title is registered, we will supply a copy to you and send the original document to your lender.
Therefore, please get in touch with the Conveyancing team at Andrew & Andrew Solicitors who have 60 years professional experience. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on local rate 023 9267 5555 or freephone 0800 083 6499.