Deputyship Orders

What happens if a person can no longer manage their own affairs?

A Deputyship Order is an order made by the Court of Protection, appointing a Deputy to make decisions about a person’s personal welfare or property and financial affairs, should they be unable to manage these matters themselves.

It is likely that this Order will be required if you wish to assist a vulnerable adult who suffers from a disability, mental health issues or has been involved in a serious accident leaving them mentally incapable, or an elderly person who has lost mental capacity due to old age and medical diagnosis.

By instructing Andrew & Andrew Solicitors Ltd, we can also explain the sometimes complicated issues related to becoming a Deputy. This includes the limit of a Deputy’s powers which will be set out in the Order, notices which must be served, annual Court fees and insurance policies which must also be put in place to cover any potential losses arising from fraud or negligence by a Deputy.

If you have a loved one who can no longer manage their own affairs and you feel you would like to discuss Deputyship Order’s or mental capacity issues further, please contact, in confidence, the Private Client team today by telephoning on 023 9267 5555 or freephone 0800 083 6499.  Alternatively, you can submit brief details of your query via any of the contact boxes on our website and we will contact you.

How can we help? Make an Enquiry Now
Check to accept our Privacy Policy