What is Resolution, and what does it mean for our clients?
You may have noticed that a logo for Resolution recently popped up on our new website, but what does it mean for you as a client?
Resolution is a group of solicitors who like to do things differently. Formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association (SFLA), Resolution is an organisation of over 6,500 lawyers and other professionals who believe that the best way to help the families who approach us, is to take a constructive and non-confrontational approach to family law matters.
Both Shelley Cook and Eve Debenham are members of Resolution, and adhere to the Code of Practice which sets out the principles which guide us in daily practice.
- Listening to you, being honest with you and treating you with respect.
- Explaining all the options and giving you the confidence to make the right decisions.
- Helping you to focus on what’s important in the long term.
- Helping you to balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Working with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
Resolution also work to raise public awareness and understanding of family law issues, and have recently been campaigning on no-fault divorce and have drawn up a Manifesto for Family Law setting out the key areas where changes are needed to our family justice system. If you would like to find out more see the Resolution Website.