Wills and Estate Planning
A will is a legal document which sets out your wishes for when you die. If you pass away without a valid will, your estate will be distributed in accordance with the intestacy rules and property, assets and personal possessions may not be left to those you would have wished to benefit.
At Andrew & Andrew Solicitors Ltd, our team of specialists can provide you with expert legal advice to aid the creation of your will. Our 60 years’ of professional experience will clearly work to your advantage.
As we are sure you will appreciate, making a will has many advantages and benefits.
- Appoint executors and trustees who you trust to deal with your estate
- Ensure the people you want to benefit do; may that be your family, friends or charity
- Save your beneficiaries from paying unnecessary Government tax by organising your financial affairs and mitigating tax liability
- Appoint a guardian to care for your young children
- Specify your own personal funeral arrangements
- Minimise any potential conflict
Making a will is generally straightforward and, at Andrew & Andrew, we understand that each person has individual and personal circumstances. We will ensure that your will is tailored to your own requirements and provide an explanation of your will in simple and understandable terms.
Recent Government statistics show that over 70% of the population do not have a will. Therefore upon death, the Intestacy rules of distribution of the estate will apply and that is what you may not want.
By instructing a lawyer at Andrew & Andrew Solicitors to draft your will, we will protect your interests by advising on any foreseeable complications and provide a solution to deal with any issues, and alleviate any concerns, before it is too late.
If you would like to make a will or discuss amendments to an existing will, please contact the Private Client team by telephoning us on local rate 023 9267 5555 or freephone 0800 083 6499. Alternatively, you can submit your query via any of the contaxt boxes on our website and we will contact you.